How to Cancel HBO Max Subscription or Trial? HBO Max is one of the most comprehensive streaming services available today. It has an enormous collection of mainstream and indie cinema, HBO series, and Max originals like Lovecraft Country and Search Party, all for $14.99 a month. HBO Max will offer Warner Bros movies for streaming on the same day they are released in theaters.
Considering all you get for $14.99, HBO Max isn’t a bad deal when compared to other services like Netflix and Hulu. However, it is still one of the more expensive streaming platforms. There are a few ways you can cancel your membership if you find it necessary. These depend on how you subscribed to HBO Max, to begin with, and what hardware you’re using. Whether you don’t like the streamer after the free trial or you want to cancel in the middle of your billing cycle, we’ve put together this guide to the most common cancellation methods.
How to Cancel HBO Max Subscription or Trial?
Canceling with a Mobile Device
With the HBO Max app, you can cancel your subscription whether you’re using an iPhone, iPad, or similar Android device.
- To access your profile, open HBO Max and tap the Profile icon in the bottom-right corner. Tap the gear-shaped Settings icon (upper left).
- On the next screen, tap Billing Information. You will see one of two options here (based on what service provider your Max subscription is with).
- If you see Manage Subscription on the next screen, proceed ahead and tap that. On the last screen, tap Cancel Subscription. Instead of Manage Subscription, you will see Learn More, so proceed to Step 4.
- On the Learn More page, you can find a list of HBO Max service providers. Locate your subscription provider, then follow the steps to cancel your Max subscription.
Canceling with a Computer
With a Mac or Windows PC, you can cancel HBO Max if you prefer to manage your subscriptions using a desktop computer or laptop.
- Go to HBOMAX.com. You can sign in by clicking Sign In at the top-right of the home page if you aren’t already signed in. Once you’re logged in, select your profile icon (top-right).
- On the following screen, select Billing Information, then click Manage Subscription. Click Cancel Subscription.
- If you don’t have the Manage Subscription option, click Learn More to be taken to a list of HBO service providers. Choose your provider, then cancel your subscription.
Canceling through Hulu
Did you know you can bundle Hulu and HBO Max? Although the prices remain the same, the cancellation process has changed. Here’s how to cancel your HBO Max subscription on Hulu.
- Head over to hulu.com/account. First, you will want to sign in if you haven’t already.
- Click Manage Plan under Your Subscription.
- Toggle the checkmark to an X next to HBO Max, and then click Review Changes. That’s all there is to it.
- Stay on top of your billing cycle. HBO Max automatically renews each month, with the first charge happening after your seven-day free trial. If you cancel one or two days before your next billing cycle, you won’t be charged for the following month.
- In addition, if you cancel mid-month, you can continue streaming for the remainder of that month.
- If you delete the HBO Max app, your subscription remains active. Be sure to follow the above steps to cancel your subscription or you will be charged.