How to Report Someone on Discord? Discord may be a synonym for disagreement, but it doesn’t mean you can’t be nice when exchanging opinions with others. You can use this chat app to spend your free time conversing with members interested in the same topics as you.
Sometimes, however, a simple misunderstanding or difference of opinion can lead to a more serious issue. Online, where you can’t see how your words affect other people, this happens a lot.
Here’s how you can report an inappropriate comment or behavior on Discord if you’ve encountered an unpleasant situation.
How to Copy and Paste on Chromebook?
How to Report a User on Discord using the iPhone App
Discord users can easily report other members on iPhones and other iOS devices, such as iPads. Using the online complaint process is easier than using a desktop computer, where you need to enter specific ID codes.
Thankfully, iPhones make reporting users on Discord simple. The fact that the process is so quick doesn’t mean you should ignore any objectionable messages. It’s recommended that you verify the specific user is in violation of Discord’s rules.
Note: You can only report an existing message. Messages that have been deleted cannot be reported. That’s why it’s important to keep all your messages, even if they’re hurtful until the problem is solved.
The Discord App on Your iPhone Lets You Report Someone’s Message:
- Locate the message you want to report.
- Hold down the top of the message.
- Choose “Report” at the bottom of the pop-up menu.
In case the above method does not work, enable Developer Mode and report them with their user ID and message ID.
Report Someone Using Ids on Your iPhone on Discord:
Follow these steps to report someone’s Discord account on an iPhone:
- Open the Discord app on your iPhone. Tap the profile icon in the lower right-hand corner.
- Locate and select “Appearance.”
- Toggle the “Developer Mode” toggle to the “ON” position.
- Get the user’s ID and the message ID so you can report the user.
- To get the user’s ID, open their profile, tap on the three-dot icon on the top right corner, and choose Copy ID from the options.
- Tap and hold the message you want to report, then select Copy Message Link from the list.
Note: Make sure you paste the first ID somewhere so that you can copy it later. The second ID you copy will overwrite the first if you don’t paste it first. You can use the Notes app on your iPhone, for instance.
- Once you’ve collected the IDs, go to the Discord Trust & Safety center and file your report so the Discord team can evaluate it. Include the copied IDs and a brief explanation of the issue in the Description field.
How To Remove Someone From A Text Message Group
How to Report a User on Discord using the Android App
The Android app works similarly to iOS when reporting a user. Here are the steps:
- Install the Discord app on your phone or tablet.
- You can access the user settings by tapping your “profile image”.
- Scroll to find the “App Settings” tab and tap it to open it.
- From the new screen, choose “Behavior.”
- Under “Chat Behavior,” toggle the “Developer Mode” option to “ON.”.
- When you’ve enabled “Developer Mode,” locate the message you want to report and its author. Click the “user’s image” to open their profile and copy their “ID.”
- Tap and hold the message and then choose “Share.”
- Select “Copy to clipboard.”
- Paste the “User ID” and the “Message-ID” into the “Description” box in the “Trust and Safety Center” menu, then describe your issue.
The Discord team will handle your report as soon as possible after you submit it.
You can always report hate speech or other similar issues to a server’s moderators. If a user writes something that doesn’t align with the guidelines, it can be resolved by talking with them first.
If the rule violation is more severe, you can contact the Trust and Safety team.
How to Report a User on Discord using the Windows App
Do you use Discord on your computer? If so, here’s how you can report a user:
- Open the Discord app on your Windows PC.
- Navigate to the server where the offender is communicating. Right-click the user’s Discord ID.
- Click Copy ID.
If you need to report the message, follow these steps:
- Open Discord and go to the server with the offensive message.
- Click on the three dots to the right of the message. Note: They appear when you hover over the message.
- In the dropdown, click Copy Message Link.
You’re now ready to report the user to the Trust and Safety team. You have both the User ID and Message ID. You will not need the message ID if you are not reporting a specific message, but rather the user and his behavior as a whole. If this is the case, you can skip the last set of instructions.
In addition to the IDs, you’ll need to include your email address and briefly explain why you’re reporting this person. Click on “Submit” when you’re done.
If you want to know what happens with your report, check your email inbox regularly since that’s where you will receive a response.
How to Report a User on Discord on the Mac App
As with Windows PCs, you can report a user on Discord if you have a Mac.
All you need to do is:
- On your Mac, open the Discord app and select “Settings” (gear icon) at the bottom of the screen.
- From the left sidebar, choose “Appearance.”
- In the “Advanced” section, toggle “Developer Mode” to “ON.”
- The User ID for your report can be obtained by tapping two fingers on the username from the list of Friends on the left side, then selecting “Copy ID.” Make sure Developer Mode is turned on or Copy ID won’t appear.
- Paste their ID into the text document of your choice. “Developer Mode” must be “ON.”
- When you hover the cursor over the message, you’ll see a three-dot icon. Click it to get the message’s link.
- Add a brief explanation to the Description box along with the IDs. Click Submit when you’re done, and you’re done.
How to Report a Discord User for Being Under 13
Most social media platforms will only allow you to create a profile if you are over 13 years old. It’s not always possible to prove someone’s younger than this age. Even so, if you have reason to suspect someone has violated this rule, you can report them and the Discord team will handle it from there. Discord is unlikely to ban this person unless you have solid proof of their age.
How do you report a suspicious user?
Discord recommends sending them a direct email. Alternatively, you can use the official report form to report this user. Put the reason in the Description box, and use the Attachments option to include proof if you have it.
How To Send Gift Message On Instagram?
Would you like to know more about reporting people on Discord? Here is some additional information you might find useful.
Can I Easily Block Someone on Discord?
Definitely. You can block someone’s direct messages or profile using any device; then, you won’t be able to see each other on the platform anymore.
Click the down arrow next to the server name in the upper left corner of the screen if you only want to block messages.
Disable the Allow direct messages from server members option.
To block a user, click on their username to open their profile. Click the three-dot icon next to Send Friend Request. You will see a dropdown menu, so select Block.
When Is It Appropriate to Report a User on Discord?
To avoid breaking Discord’s rules, it’s imperative to make sure that someone’s behavior or messages are not breaking the rules. Here are some of the most common reasons for reporting a user:
• Sending spam messages
• Harassing or threatening other users
• Sharing photos of animal cruelty
• Sharing child pornography
• Violating IP rights
• Promoting self-harm or suicide
• Distributing viruses
You can also report someone if they pick on you specifically. Discord is not a platform to feel threatened on – it’s a place to enjoy chatting with people who like the same things as you do. Before reporting a user, try talking to them or asking a server moderator for help. If that doesn’t work, you may have no choice but to report them.
How Do I Take Back a Report I Filed on Discord?
Maybe you accidentally reported the wrong person, or perhaps you now feel the report was unnecessary. Retracting your complaint is possible, but you must contact Discord to do so. Select Appeals from the dropdown menu on the Contact page.
Make Your Discord Environment Better
You must act when someone is toxic or even cruel in an environment where you should make friends and have fun. You may benefit from reporting an inappropriate user on Discord, but it can also improve the experience for everyone on this platform.
Is it fair for anyone to have to deal with rude comments or behavior online? You wouldn’t put up with harassment in the real world, so why should you put up with it in the virtual one?
Did you ever want to report someone on Discord? What did you do? Let us know in the comments below.